June 19, 2012

Making the 'bad' into FUN


Today was a pretty rough day with the kids. Not sure what it was, but my 2 year old wanted nothing to do with her younger brother, and all he wanted to do was wrestle with his sister. To solve this 'bad' night; like the title of my blog you will be hearing about 'the good. the bad. and the FUN!', I played the 'Mom wants to have FUN' card and decided we would all play a game of hide and seek.

I made it even more FUN by asking my 2 year old to re-hide around the house so I could take pictures of our favorite places :-) Here they are!
In the stuffed animal box in her room


Under the covers in bed



Behind my son's rocking chair
Under the kitchen table


And my very personal favorite, behind the shower curtain :)

Finding activities to include both of the kids is pretty difficult when the older kid wants to do big kid things like color or play statues and buildings with blocks, and the younger child wants to eat crayons and knock down buildings. However, when you have an open mind even the worst days can be better. 

What are some things you do to make FUN of a bad day?
Until next time, best wishes for even your 'bad' days!


No comments:

Post a Comment