June 14, 2012

Home is where the heart is


The term 'Home is where the heart is' has more meaning to me today than it ever has before. 
The decision to stay home for me was a difficult one and I don't wish the journey of decision making on anyone. If this is a decision you have tossed around I hope that this article can help you realize there is light at the end of the tunnel.

I wish that I could go back and tell myself in those 2 weeks of uncertainty that it would all be ok, and to go with your heart. I would definitely consider myself a happy person, but those 2 weeks, momma wasn't happy. I wasn't sleeping, I was overeating, I didn't enjoy work, I didn't enjoy being home with my 2 kids who were screaming to me 'mom we need more of you' when I am completely exhausted from my long day, I had lost affection towards my husband and like I said 'momma wasn't happy'.

After weighing all the options multiple times it came down to the final answer 'the kids would be happier, my husband would be happier and I would be happier'. No money in the world could buy a happy home. So here I am :)

It has only been a week and already my kids are happy and better tempered, my husband and I have spent a lot of time together, the house is cleaner, the yard is in amazing shape, and I have even found time to sit down and do things that I enjoy. I can see now that this is clearly the best decision of my life.

If you are looking for help in your decision, if you are struggling with the decision you have made, if you are just as happy as I am to be home, whatever your stage in this adventure feel free to comment as I would love to hear from you.

Best wishes. and remember 'Home is where the heart is'

No comments:

Post a Comment